Alexandria, Va. – Catholic Charities USA (CCUSA), one of the country’s largest social service providers, has released its annual report. The report, titled “A Year of Service Through Encounter,” demonstrates the ministry’s unwavering commitment to the millions of individuals of all faiths who come to Catholic Charities for help and hope.
Last year, Catholic Charities encountered more than 15 million people across the country. While the delivery of programs and services may vary by community, local agencies are committed to placing the dignity of every person at the center of our ministry.
Highlights from the 2021 Annual Report include the following responses to vulnerable populations:
- 12 million people fed
- 1.9 million nights of emergency shelter provided
- $116 million in natural disaster aid provided through member agencies
- $26.8 million generated in annual revenue from social enterprises
- 600,000 people received behavioral health and wellness services
- 608,000 migrants and refugees assisted
- 5,708 Catholic parishes collaborated with Catholic Charities agencies to serve their communities
The annual report is available on CCUSA’s website: www.CatholicCharitiesUSA.org.
We are also proud to announce that CCUSA received Candid’s 2022 Platinum Seal of Transparency again this year. Candid, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, provides the most comprehensive data and insights about the social sector. It was formed in 2019 when GuideStar and Foundation Center merged.
Patricia Cole, Vice President of External Relations
ABOUT CATHOLIC CHARITIES
A member of Caritas Internationalis, Catholic Charities USA (CCUSA) is the national office for Catholic Charities agencies nationwide. Catholic Charities USA’s members provide help and create hope to more than 15 million people a year regardless of religious, social, or economic backgrounds. To learn more about CCUSA, please visit our website at www.catholiccharitiesusa.org.