IRA Charitable Rollover
Consult with a knowledgeable staff member.
Lower your taxable income.
See your donation help those in need.
Make a difference tomorrow. Start a rollover today.
Put Your IRA Charitable Donation to Work
Your generosity will help fund ministries that are serving individuals and families across the country — at food pantries, in senior housing and in job training programs.
Instruct your IRA administrator to transfer funds to the charity, or charities, you designate. Payment should be sent directly from your IRA to Catholic Charities USA via a qualified charitable distribution (QCD).
- A QCD excludes the donation amount from your taxable income, potentially earning you significant tax breaks.
- Lower taxable income may reduce the impact to certain tax credits and deductions, including Social Security and Medicare.
Requirements and restrictions
- Donor must be 70½ or older.
- Gifts must be made directly from an IRA to a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Gifts from 401(k), 403(b) and 457 plans are prohibited.
- All charitable gifts combined may not exceed more than $100,000 per taxpayer, per year.
- Gifts may not be made to a donor advised fund, supporting organization or private foundation.
- Gifts are not included in taxable income, and no charitable deduction is allowed.
Your gift to Catholic Charities USA is more than a one-time donation. The impact of your generosity and support of the Catholic Charities mission will long be felt.
Families assisted with SNAP benefits
Clients connected to primary care providers
Clients accessed homelessness services