Chief Executive Officer
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Venice, Inc. (CCDOV) provides services to people of all races, backgrounds, and beliefs. Catholic Charities offers a variety of housing and social service programs to individuals, families, and communities across ten counties in Southwest Florida. The Chief Executive Officer supports the Catholic Charities vision and strategy providing timely data, reporting, and recommendations to align resources to achieve CCDOV’s mission. The Chief Executive Officer reports to the Bishop of the Diocese of Venice in Florida.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Ensure that the mission of Catholic Charities is carried out effectively, efficiently, consistently, and collaboratively.
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors, develop long range strategic and operational plans with the accountability for implementation upon the review and approval of the Bishop.
- Ensure that programs, policies, and procedures are developed, presented, implemented, and reviewed, fulfilling the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Oversee the administration and fiduciary functions of Catholic Charities while delegating duties and maintaining a formal means of accountability for all staff.
- Develop annual budget in collaboration with the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors for the review and final approval by the Bishop with the ratification of the budget by the Board of Directors.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit potential donors and grants from public and private sources in support of the programs of Catholic Charities.
- Represent Catholic Charities to community partners, stakeholders and groups of associations, agencies, and media.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant development and trends in the field and local community needs throughout the Diocese of Venice in Florida.
- Work with all areas under CCDOV including but not limited to Catholic Charities Housing, Catholic Charities Foundation, and the Diocesan Housing Oversight Committee.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in public administration or business administration or similar degree, is preferred.
- Ten (10) years of proven leadership in diverse and complex service organizations, preferably a non-profit environment
- Experience in developing and adapting faith-based community programs responsive to local needs, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Experience in building formal coalitions.
- Experience in financial management, budgeting and fund development.
- General knowledge of housing construction and management including development needs assessment, pro-formas and contracts.
- Must be a practicing Catholic, have a valid Florida Driver’s license, and be willing to travel (using personal vehicle) within the Diocese of Venice.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
- High level mastery of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must possess strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain exceptional relationships with all levels internal and external constituencies.
- Ability to collaborate and foster team building.
- Ability to develop and execute short and long-range planning with the ability to execute the vision and mission of the organization.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Job Title
- Chief Executive Officer
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Venice
- Venice, FL
- Posted On
- February 6, 2024