On Call Resident Manager
Starting Hourly Rate: $22.53
Hours per Week: On-Call as needed
On site only
Christ House Transformational Housing helps homeless men reestablish independence after they have exited an emergency shelter. It is a working program for up to 14 homeless men. Christ House also operates an Evening Meal that provides a warm dinner to homeless and low-income residents of Alexandria. Volunteers prepare and serve the meal. The facility is staffed 24/7 for three 8 hour shifts.
The On-Call Resident Manager fills in when scheduled staff are not available and provides shelter coverage and oversees Christ House activities during his/her assigned shift. Reporting to the Program Director, the position serves as part of the Christ House staff team to ensure that policies and procedures are followed.
Serve as staff “on duty” at front desk and monitors shelter for one of three daily shifts:
• Manages resident activities and provides shelter coverage per agency protocols.
• Engages residents to encourage them in their personal, vocational and housing goals.
• Reinforces community living guidelines with residents.
• Ensures residents complete daily house chores: checks chores and records.
• During evening shift coverage welcomes and assists evening meal prep volunteers.
• During evening shift coverage greets and logs names of guests receiving meals.
• Makes rounds to inspect areas of the facility as scheduled.
• Answers door to receive donations, assist clients with referrals and receive mail packages.
• Greet and sign in volunteers who teach classes for the residents.
• Regularly check residents sign in book to be aware of who is in the shelter.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Minimum of two to three years of work experience preferred.
• Passion for helping those less fortunate; experience working with homeless a plus.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively.
• Punctuality and dependability required.
• Commitment to the mission and goals of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington.
Education and Experience:
• Associates degree or relevant work experience equivalent.
• College degree preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to climb 3 flights stairs.
• Ability to life and carry 25 pounds.
• Ability to stand for extended periods.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to …
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Job Title
- On Call Resident Manager
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Arlington
- Posted On
- February 6, 2024