Director of Online Fundraising
Catholic Charities USA
The Director of Online Fundraising will both create and implement a strategic online fundraising plan that leverages and builds upon the growth the Organization has experienced since 2018.
The Director of Online Fundraising will both create and implement a strategic online fundraising plan that leverages and builds upon the growth the Organization has experienced since 2018. This exciting opportunity to sustain and increase revenue through online channels requires the crafting of and leadership for annual digital fundraising campaigns.
The Director will work to steward current online donors, continue to build a robust monthly giving program, as well as create programs to reach new donors.
- Developing and overseeing email outreach, social media messaging, digital ads and SMS efforts.
- Develop and execute robust online fundraising campaigns for annual year-end giving, as well as for special appeals related to humanitarian crisis.
- Creative direction for and implementation of efforts to build monthly giving donor portfolio.
- Grow and segment lists, cultivating donors and prospects for fundraising success.
- Provide concepts and key words for copy of successful email fundraising campaigns.
- Implement a Peer-to-Peer fundraising program, that includes matched giving campaigns.
- Collaborate with Department Team members to plan and execute a concerted online outreach mobilization program to enhance constituent engagement and grow digital audiences.
- Adapt to changes in email and campaign schedules as necessary.
- Write and edit copy for email communications, online advertising, social media fundraising, other marketing/fundraising materials aimed at increasing donations.
- Collaborate with Development & Communication teams to optimize landing and donation pages and implement testing plans to improve performance that increases revenue.
- Define clear metrics for success, based on performance against goals.
- Collaborate with the Database Administrator to streamline the integration of communications with the database to maintain data integrity.
- Develop reports to analyze and track performance of the online giving program.
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Strong creative, strategic and analytical skills
- People-centered approach to storytelling
- Demonstrated ability to master a variety of fundraising and tech platforms quickly
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through and the ability to meet deadlines
- A minimum of three years of experience with digital fundraising and cross-channel marketing
- Substantial experience with online marketing is highly desirable
- Solid understanding of best practices for website optimization, search engine marketing and social media advertising
- Experience mobilizing and engaging online communities in a wide range of multi-channel activities
- Solid understanding of internet tools, processes and techniques for fundraising, donor stewardship, list building and social networking
- Proven ability to write for an online audience
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online highly desirable
- Relational database experience
- Experience with databases, audience segmentation and data integration
- Bachelor’s degree
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCUSA provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender, military service or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, disability or marital status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. CCUSA complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.